How Google Can Turn Your Home Into a Smart HomeBrad's Electronics
Most of us have probably heard about the concept of a “smart home”. But what exactly is it, and what does Google have to do with it? The answer: Google Nest.
Picture this situation: Someone rings the bell at your front door. You look at the screen of your device and can see who it is. You might not know them and ask what they want. It turns out they want to sell you something, are collecting signatures for a petition, or anything along those lines. You tell them you are not interested, and they leave. All of this is taking place while you are lying in your bed, and you do not even have to get up. This is just one of the many scenarios where Google Nest comes in handy.
Google Nest (previously called “Google Home”) is the device system that can turn your home into a smart home. It allows you to control various features and functions of your home from anywhere with internet access, simply by logging in.
This means you can interact with someone in front of your door, even when you are not at home. This is not only very handy but provides an added layer of security:
- People won’t know that you are not at home, which can help to deter potential burglars
- You can monitor the delivery of packages and scare off “porch pirates”
Further Smart Home Features
However, Google Nest offers many more features than monitoring what’s going on outside your door and communicating with the outside!
- It can help you to enhance your home entertainment experience with DISH and DIRECTTV with the help of Google Assistant.
- It allows you to control the lights and thermostat, even from a distance, so you can make sure the temperature is just right when you return home.
- You can monitor your kids or pets via a camera when they are alone at home.
These are just a few examples. Find out more about the many other options and how Brad’s Electronics can help you with converting your home into a smart home. Simply contact us for more information!