As of March 4, 2019, we will experience new updates on the DIRECTV App.
* Some local and regional sports network will not be longer available to stream outside of the home. However, they are still available for in-home streaming.
* You will have to download your DVR recordings to be able to watch them outside of the home.
DIRECTV has mailed some letters to H44/HR44 customers about these new updates on their app features. If you have wondered why this is happening, simply, AT&T is focusing on those features that subscribers use the most.
DIRECTV APP FEATURES
*Access more than 50,000 shows and movies on demand with your Premier programming package.
*Download your DVR recordings to your device at home and watch them on the go. A Genie HD DVR model HR44 or higher is required to use this feature.
* Use your voice to find your favorite shows and movies on TV when you are not at home.
* Rewind shows from the past 72 hours. Internet connection to your HD DVR is required, models H20 or later.
* Stream DIRECTV on your devices, anywhere -without using your data if you
How to start streaming with the DIRECTV App
Once you’re done downloading the app, tap the icon to open it. Then sign in with your DIRECTV User ID and password.
Don’t have an account? Create on at directv.com/myaccount.
Start streaming! Watch your favorite shows and movies today!
Other DIRECTV App features:
* Closed Captioning: Supports subtitles
* DVR Scheduler: If you are away from home you can schedule your DVR to record your favorite programming.
* Parental Control: Hide adult content based on Tv ratings or selected channels.
* Remote Control: Use your DIRECTV App as your remote control for your receiver when you are at home.
* DIRECTV App streaming before install: This allows new residential customers to stream Live TV and On Demand DIRECTV content as soon as they sign up, even before receivers are installed. New customers on PEND status are eligible for this service for up to 14 days prior to being installed.