Most of DIRECTV HD subscribers might experience seeing duplicate channels due to SD channels appear next to the HD channels in the DIRECTV program guide. Of course, you don’t want to see these SD channels if you have HDTV, scrolling through duplicate channels is just tiresome even if it is the other way around. If you are SD subscriber, you can’t access to those HD channels, so the best thing to do is hiding them.
How to hide duplicate channels on DIRECTV?
The quickest way is to press the
1. Press the Menu button on your remote.
2. Select Parental, Favs & setup
3. Choose System Setup
4. Select Display
5. Scroll to Guide HD Channels and press Select
6. Choose the channels you’d like to hide “Hide SD Duplicates” and press Select
7. Press Exit on the remote.
If these options are not available on your remote, try the following steps:
1. Press Menu.
2. Find Settings and press Select
3. Find Display and press select.
4. Select Preferences
5. On the Guide Channels option, select the type of channels you want to hide.
Check this video for this last method of how to hide duplicate channels on DIRECTV