How to set up Alexa and Dish Hopper?Brad's Electronics
By integrating Amazon Alexa, you can control the features of your Hopper, Joey or Wally without having to pick up the remote. Your Amazon Alexa has to be already initiated, please contact Amazon for help with your initial set up before integrating with DISH.
How to set up Alexa and Dish Hopper?
- Open your Alexa app on your smartphone, press the menu icon, and then select “Music, Videos & Books. Click here to download the app (Android, iPhone)
- From the video section, select “DISH”
- Select “Enable Skill” by scrolling down to the bottom of the screen.
- On your DISH remote, press the MENU button once or the HOME button twice, depending on your remote. Note: If attempting to connect Alexa to a Joey, continue to perform the following setup steps from the Joey’s linked Hopper location, as Joey receivers do not have an Alexa icon in their on-screen menus.
- Select “Settings”
- Select ” Amazon Alexa”
- Select ” Get code”
- Enter the code shown on the screen into the Alexa app when prompted & Select “Activate” on your smartphone.
- Select “Done” on your TV screen and Alexa app in your smartphone.
- Once your DISH receiver appears, select the one you want to link with Alexa from the list and click Continue
- Select the Amazon Alexa device you would like linked to this receiver and click Link Devices. Your DISH receiver and Alexa-enabled device are now paired, and you can use voice commands to control your DISH viewing experience.