How to program DIRECTV remote control?Brad's Electronics
By following these steps, you will be able to program your Genie remote control successfully.
Programming for HDTV and Audio Devices
- Point your DirecTV Genie remote at your Genie HD DVR, Genie Mini, or Wireless Genie Mini.
- Press and hold the “Mute” and “Enter” buttons, while continuing to point the remote at one of your Genie devices. The screen on your Genie device will display “Applying IR/RF setup.” This will put the remote in programming mode.
- Power on the device you want programmed with your remote.
- Press “Menu” on the remote and select “Settings and Help.”
- Select “Settings,” then select “Remote Control.”
- Select “Program Remote,” then select the name of the device you want to control.
DIRECTV Ready TV:
- Make sure your DIRECTV Ready TV is on.
- Press and hold the MUTE and SELECTbuttons until a green light at the top of the remote flashes twice.
- Enter the correct code for your TV
- Samsung DIRECTV Ready TV: 54000.
- Sony DIRECTV Ready TV: 54001.
- Toshiba DIRECTV Ready TV: 54002.