How to watch two channels at once – DIRECTV?Brad's Electronics
How to watch two channels at once?
Turn on PiP
- Press INFO on your remote control.
- Select PiP.
- Select On and Side by Side. The current channel you’re watching appears on the inset screen. The inset screen is the smaller screen and is on the right side in Side by Side view. The channel you were watching before appears on the full screen. The full screen is the bigger screen and is on the left side in Side by Side view.
If you press INFO and the PiP banner does not appear you may not have the receiver needed for the PiP feature. PiP won’t work on Genie Minis or a DIRECTV Ready TV without a Genie DVR. Swap the channels To switch the two channels between the two screens, press the down arrow on your remote. The audio you hear is the channel on the full screen (or left screen if in Side by Side view).Move the screensYou can choose where to move the inset screen by going to the PiP menu and choosing upper right or upper left.Note:
Another way of how to watch two channels at once using the DoublePlay feature
DIRECTV DoublePlay allows you to quickly toggle between any two channels that are simultaneously recording. It works for any two shows on any two channels.To use DoublePlay, you must have a DVR (model R22 or later) or an HD DVR (model HR20 or later). Here’s how it works:
- While watching one channel, press the DOWN arrow on your remote to start recording it.
- Press the DOWN arrow again to select a different channel.
- Use the DOWN arrow to toggle between the two programs.
You can also pause or rewind either program so you don’t miss a minute of the action.